CLIFFORD (CLIFF) G. HOFFMAN
Cliff’s practice includes extensive experience in the areas of tax; financial and wealth transfer planning; wills, trusts and estates, probate and estate administration; guardianships; small business tax and strategic and transactional planning; corporations and partnerships; elder law; and planning for special needs individuals.
Cliff received his Bachelor of Arts undergraduate degree in accounting from Queens College of the City of New York in 1964, followed by a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in 1967 from St. John’s University in New York. He next attended Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida where in 1969 he received a Juris Doctor degree (JD).
Cliff is admitted to practice law in Georgia and Florida, as well as a number of the Bars of United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the United States Tax Court.
Cliff has earned an AV Peer Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, which is the highest ranking assigned by Martindale-Hubbell® and is defined as a legal ability of “very high to preeminent,” and an ethical rating of “very high”.
From 2000 forward, Cliff has practiced law as Clifford G. Hoffman, P.C., maintaining his sole practitioner law firm in Atlanta (Dunwoody) Georgia. He was a senior partner of Bivens, Hoffman & Fowler, LLP from 1981-2000; worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers Atlanta Tax Department from 1969 to1972; and was licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in 1972. He is also an accredited Estate Planner.
Past and current professional activities include:
- Member of the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils;
- Member of North Georgia Estate Planning Council;
- State Bar of Georgia (Member, Fiduciary Law, Elder Law and Taxation Sections;
- Atlanta Bar Association (Member Estate Planning & Probate, Elder Law and Taxation Sections); Chair, Elder Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association 2005-2006;
- Member, The Florida Bar; and American Bar Association;
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; and North Atlanta Tax Council;
- Served on the Board of Directors of St. Jude’s House;
- Served on the Board of Directors of English for Successful Living;
- Served on the Board of Directors of the North Atlanta Tax Council;
- Former member of the American Association of Attorney-CPA’s.
Cliff’s practice is active in sophisticated business planning, estate planning, wills and trusts. He has broad experience in supporting the small business and/or corporate client in such areas as corporate organization and structure, business contracts and purchase/sale transactions, shareholder agreements and all aspects of tax and tax planing, as well as special needs planning and trusts and elder law matters.
Cliff renders quality services together with the highest degree of professional care and skill. He actively listens to the client to determine their needs in order to achieve the results best suited for them and their circumstances in an atmosphere of mutual respect and understanding.
To schedule a consultation with Cliff Hoffman, please contact the law offices of Clifford G. Hoffman, P.C., located in Atlanta (Dunwoody) Georgia at 770-396-9698 or email Cliff at [email protected]
SHEILA DIEHL (Legal Assistant/Paralegal)
Sheila is a native “Atlantan”. Growing up in the Buckhead community of Atlanta, she continues to make her home in the metro area. She made a career change to work for Bellsouth Corporation following a long-term position as a legal assistant for a Decatur law firm. She took early retirement from BellSouth in 2001 and began working with Cliff in 2002. Sheila can be reached at 770-396-9698 or email Sheila at [email protected]